Friday, May 23, 2008

The Blahs

Wow I miss basketball. It's been 6 or 7 weeks since I've played now. Actually, that's a lie. I played half-court the other day but that doesn't count and I played without using my left hand at all. I've been going to the gym anyway to do some running and light working out (emphasis on light). I also started dribbling with my left hand to see if I could put pressure on it, which I can a little bit. It's amazing how much better my handle is now than it was even a couple years ago.

Today my company had a huge picnic to celebrate Memorial Day weekend. I have no plans this weekend other than seeing my old college friend who moved down here for the summer. I need more things to do. Oh well. I'm starting to meet random people in my company that work on real estate-related projects but so far no offers to bring me aboard. At least I'm on the right track though it's going painfully slowly. I'm also going to get my PMP (project management professional) certification in late June by taking a crash course. It should be easy and at least project management is somewhat related to real estate development right?

I wish Columbia would release their darn essays already so I can obsess over them. I've started drafting my "Why MBA? Why now? Why Columbia?" essay. I need to learn to be more concise. As you can see from my blog, being concise is not my strong suit. Need to learn from the other bloggers out there. Also, you may have heard that my company Booz Allen Hamilton split in two. I don't really care. Though I wish we were still one unit so that other people might be fooled into thinking I work for the more prestigious commercial side haha :) Lord knows I fit in better there anyway.

Okay, so that's it. Just some minor blabbing. I think I'll go gag myself with a spoon now. Or I guess I can get a headstart and refine my resume now that I've been "promoted" on my project.

No comments: